Saturday, February 14, 2009

Answered Prayer

Since my last post, God has answered my disappointment resoundingly. I had been disappointed mostly because Ricky and I were praying about a pastorate position and God had not seen fit to answer us in the affirmative. The church where we had sent our resume had voted in someone else from out of state. We had really felt good about the church and were very sad. Ironically, we still held out hope and were still praying for the church. Little did we know what God was planning and when. At the end of October, we heard that the guy they had voted in had declined the position. Ricky and I knew at that point that we needed to pray more fervently and specifically. After reconnecting with one of the deacons, we were asked to come in for a meeting. The first week of November, Ricky and I met with the deacons and the youth leader of Living Free Fellowship in Portland, TN. After a great meeting of like minds and hearts, we waited. We received a call the next week to preach and be voted on. On November 17th, we tried out and were voted in, unanimously. We took the week to pray and talk about it. We already knew in our spirits that it was right, but we wanted to talk to the girls and the rest of the family about the changes to come. We called and accepted the position, thereafter, and had our first service as pastors on December 7, 2008. Since then, God has grown our love for the church people and has grown our passion for his service. We had felt complacent for many years-- sort of stuck in a rut. We feel revived and renewed in our vision and passion for God. We are thankful that God chose to say YES, and we are humbled by his trust in us and seek his guidance and anointing to minister to the people in our care. God was with me in my disappointment, and I am grateful that he listened to my grumblings and still loved me. But... that's our great God! There is none other like HIM! Thank you, Lord; I love you!

No comments: