Friday, April 25, 2008

Journal Entries

I journal so much more easily than I blog, so I have decided to enter a few of my journal entries (one now, more to come). My journal entries mostly consist of notes to God or self with a bit of poetry or prose added in every now and again.

From February, 2007...

Lord, we keep moving forward, filling our calendars, planning events, teaching and preaching. It seems like there should be more that we're working for, but I know that we are where You want us to be-- although we do not always see the results of our labors. You have not called us to be famous, just faithful. You have not called us to be popular, just pliable. You have not called us to be extravagant or wealthy, just extremely blessed by your daily care. Our blessings come in Your timing and Your ways. May we serve without seeing; may we love without luxury. Lord, I want to feel-- Your presence and the plight of others, compassion and love for each. I want to impact others' lives for Your kingdom and in Your name! Amen.

1 comment:

Ricky Morris said...

Beautiful and challenging.