Monday, April 21, 2008

Satisfaction Doesn't Come Easy

I just completed a major assignment in my Bible Study class at Southwestern Assembly of God University. I was dreading this assignment because it entails so many tiny details that are time consuming. Also, I was dreading it because my professor is a stickler. Well, I am done with it! Hallelujah! It was called an Interpretative Analysis of 1 Corinthians 1:18-2:5. It ended up being eight (8) pages long! You know what, though? I was dreading it SO much, but now (that it's over) I kinda liked doing it. I have no idea what my grade will be (and that scares me), but I enjoyed the learning process of the whole thing. If I wasn't going to be graded on it, I probably would have enjoyed it even more (but I probably wouldn't have done it, either). Well, now that it's over, I feel satisfied, like I accomplished something. I didn't benefit anyone else; I didn't help another soul; but I feel like I started something that was excruciatingly difficult and I finished it with all my hair on my head and a bit more knowledge inside. Satisfaction doesn't come easy, but it feels really good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny! It's Jesse Watson. How are you? I noticed on yuro blog you just completed something from Southeastern. Are you taking online courses? What exactly are you doing?

I'm looking to get my Master's and Southeastern is on my radar. Any thoughts would be helpful!

Thanks -

Jesse

Ricky Morris said...

I'm proud of you and what you are accomplishing. I am blessed to have you as my wife. Just a few more classes and you will be finished! With love!